#34   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 17:43

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunboy47
Wow, thanks for these posts I've been reading... I would like to comment to each that posted since my last post.....

Daryl: If your stats are current, you are very close to goal weight, so congratulations. I am surprised you are still having to take Januivia. I would like to ask you: How long have you been diabetic? How many carbs do you average daily?

Cajunboy, the stats are indeed current, I weigh every Monday and update them ; thanks for the congrats, it's appreciated.

I may not need the Januvia; I have a hunch much of my BG control is from my diet; imagine how much more effective it might be if I added back exercise (which I stopped a couple of months ago, due to back problems). My BG is constantly in the upper 70s and 80s, and is frequently there even just a couple of hours after eating. I go for my blood work the first part of July, and I'll talk to the doc about giving it a go without meds then. Let's keep our fingers crossed.....

I haven't been diabetic for that long; I had a FBG of 102 in June of 2004, and 339 in December of 2006, so I crossed the line sometime in there.

My carbs NEVER go above 30, and are frequently around 20. The only time I indulged at all, since January, was last Saturday, I had half a cornbread muffin . My BG was 117 at 1 hour after eating, 101 at 2 hours, 95 at 3 hours, and hasn't went above 84 since then.