View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 13:41

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yeah, that's some good perspective CityGirl.

I suppose I'm one of the "lucky" ones in that I do need less to feel full now, but it took about 3 months for me to finally notice. I guess that's just a reflection of the state that I was in beforehand, that it took that long to happen.

And even now, sometimes that satiety signal takes a bit of time to peak. So sometimes I have to guess a bit; there have been times when I've overshot the mark, eaten till I've felt full, and then an hour later I'm feeling even fuller. But it's only by then that I realise I've actually overeaten.

I still subscribe to CICO, just not as the sole argument or even the primary argument. If certain "calories" such as carbs have this effect of disrupting one's appetite control as they seem to do for a lot of us, then that would mean that eating them makes it considerably more difficult to apply CICO, and so conversely, not eating them makes it considerably easier. I don't consider this an "us vs them" debate, it's more about recognising that there are other factors at play here that influence one's ability to maintain that energy balance that some people would have us focus on more directly/exclusively.