Progress: 92%

My results at the Y last night...

Mile 1 pace: 11:33 min/mile
Mile 2 pace: 11:16 min/mile
Mile 3 pace: 10:53 min/mile
.1 mile "sprint" to the finish: 9:11 min/mile
Total time: 34:36
Overall average pace: 11:10

Again a decent, steady jog. I felt full of energy running on tired legs. It seemed to me that I was moving faster than the time showed. I'll do an easy 2 mile jog at the Y tonight as my last run before Saturday's 10K. My legs should be well rested on race day.

I'll be eat plenty (mostly more fat) over the next few days. Saturday morning I'll have some fat in my coffee before the race. No carbs or protein. I'm essentially doing the Feldman Protocol - eating keto at an energy surplus in the 3 days before the event. The "event" in the Feldman protocol is a cholesterol test with LDL results that should be lower as a result of the protocol. Dave Feldman theorizes that surplus energy from eating loads of fat decreases the need for energy from the liver - bringing down the LDL-C. I want to see if that surplus energy is there for me on race day. I've had a few LCHF pig out days over the past few years. I've often noticed that a day or two later I have plenty of extra energy while at the same time having a greatly reduced appetite. Based on my results here in this journal, I think that a sub 63 minute time is possible. We'll just have to wait and see how this prerace eating strategy plays out in real life. The spirit of completion should help move me along as well.

Kel ran her last practice 5K last night. She did the first mile sub 9 minutes and finished the 5K in 31 minutes. The 2 mile loop that she runs at GMU is mostly downhill for the first mile and nearly all uphill on the 2nd mile. Two laps around that is a serious workout. She is ready to take her dad down this year. I'll give it my best shot, but I think that she's got me beat this year. Now all she has to do is prove it.

The forecast for Saturday morning has changed. It is now supposed to be overcast, slightly humid, with rain possible. Temperatures in the mid 60s. It won't be as hot as last year, but I'd have preferred a cooler day. Maybe the forecast will change a gain -- for the better or for the worse. What will be will be.