View Single Post
  #279   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-19, 07:11
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

The software conversion from hell at my job has really screwed up my training plan this week. Late nights and weekend hours at work have taken their toll. This was supposed to be my hardest workout week in prep for the 10K. Oh well. I got some workouts in. I've had a good year doing something every week to improve my fitness. Next week I should get my best 10K time yet. I doubt it will be sub 60 minutes, though.

Even though I did stick to my workout plan all year, my weight creep through the summer and fall came back to bite me in the butt. I have managed to lose that weight only to get back to the weight I was at for last year's 10K. In 2016 & 2017 I was approximately 10 pounds lighter. When it comes to jogging those 10 pounds make a difference. My #1 goal for the coming year will be to concentrate on weight loss. I want to jog the 2020 10K weighing under 200 pounds -- preferably closer to 190. I will continue to jog regularly and will likely revert back to MAF (low zone cardio) for at least 6 months. I do think it helped and it was quite enjoyable.

Here are my results at the Y last night. I had to work late again, gulped down dinner at 8pm and then rushed off to the Y for my workout. I was not terribly motivated. A decent, steady jog. That's what I did.

Mile 1 pace: 11:44 min/mile
Mile 2 pace: 11:14 min/mile
Mile 3 pace: 10:57 min/mile
.1 mile "sprint" to the finish: 9:09 min/mile
Total time: 34:48
Overall average pace: 11:14

I was still feeling the Sunday HIIT workout last night. I'd like to get an easy practice 10K in this weekend as my last long workout, but I won't be doing much tough hill climbing. I want to be fully recovered by race day. For eating prep this year I plan on doing the Feldman protocol in the 3 days before the race - getting plenty of fat and eating at or above what I burn each day. Then I'll run 12 hours fasted on Saturday morning - black coffee, water & electrolytes only. We'll see what that does.

I'm really looking forward to this year's 10K -- having both 'at home' daughters & their boy friends participating. Kelsey is going to have an amazing time this year. She has worked hard since the last 10K I'm already proud of her.