View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/189/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress:

Greetings and Howdie.

I'm a newbie here on the forum, and I've generally enjoyed myself browsing the posts and learning from everyone's experiences. Thank you all for taking the time to share your wisdom and insight.

I have to echo most of what Shadow said in an earlier thread, with a few qualifications...

I've tried the carb blockers on several occasions for the past couple of months. I'm not monitoring with Keto sticks, but I'm using the primitive guess-guage: the scales. I believe they work, when used as directed.

Now, my take on the principal behind it:

They are not intended to be a fix-all or substitute for a change or habit and lifestyle. I'm frankly afraid of abusing them for that very reason -- that I might relapse or lose some of the good habits I've gained.

I only pop the blockers on a rare occasion when the wife and I want to go out and enjoy a steak AND potato or a nice chimichanga, etc. I don't see it as binging, but more as a way to sneak a treat occasionally, but still keeping the regimen going. I do not see it as a way of "introducing" certain foods back into my menu on a longterm basis.

Anyway, the jury's still out, and in fact, my search for others' results is what lead me to this thread in the first place, so I'm still learning and trying...

Good luck to all.