View Single Post
  #235   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-19, 08:41
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I opted to go on my own to the gym last night so that I could run the opposite direction on the Y's little indoor track. They alternate direction daily. The tight corners stress the joints quite a bit and I'd read that this can be a problem if you don't balance it out by working out in both directions.

Kel likes Tue, Thurs, & Saturday workouts -- all the 'clock-wise' days. This is her last week at home before returning to GMU. After Thursday I can workout on my own schedule again. It has been fun having her home. The completion has made us both work a little harder.

I added a mile to what has become my typical 5K workout. 4.1 miles. Looking back I realized that I had not run 4 miles since November when I was still doing the low-zone cardio MAF training. I was jogging slow 13 to 14 minute miles. I've picked up the pace quite a bit since Kel's been home. Here are my mile splits for last night's run:

Mile 1 pace: 12:14 min/mile
Mile 2 pace: 11:18 min/mile
Mile 3 pace: 10:53 min/mile
Mile 4 pace: 9:59 min/mile
.1 mile "sprint" to the finish: 7:41 min/mile
Total time: 45:11
Overall average pace: 11:01

I was working out fasted 23 hours. I watched a video this past weekend about the benefits of such workouts -- training your body to more efficiently burn fat. I didn't push too hard on this run until the last few laps. As I warmed up each mile got a little faster. My energy was good. No tight muscles or cramps this time. Good workout. I may join Kel on her workout tonight. Walk or run? I'll wait and see how I feel.