View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 17:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Low Carb Nutrition Bicycling 3 + hours

To answer you question about being sure I'm in ketosis: no, I'm not entirely sure - I haven't gotten any ketostix yet, but I have been limiting my carbs to 20g or less & I have completely eliminated sugar from my diet. I rarely if ever drink coffee, stopped drinking soda (even diet soda). I drink either unsweetened tea or water. I haven't been drinking juice or eating any fruit. One thing I've noticed is that I haven't been as hungry as I was before & my cravings for sweets has diminished. I don't have a metallic taste in my mouth, I AM peeing like a racehorse, but I don't have tons of energy yet. I was feeling really crappy a week or two ago & did something I never do - I added a little bit of salt to my lunch & felt better immediately. As for my snack during rides, I brought walnuts. . I tried my 25 mile ride again this past Saturday & Sunday & both rides were a disaster. Especially Sunday (yesterday). And to experiment, I ate a protein bar yesterday that had about 20g of carbs in it & it didn't help at all. I'm sure the fact that it was 95 degrees yesterday didn't help, but I drank lots of water throughout the ride. Ultimately, I ended up having to walk the last mile back to my car. I may not only need to find a more effective snack for my rides, but also alter the timing that I eat. Apparently, 45 minutes into the ride is already too late. I may need to eat after 30 minutes.