#29   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Default Lots of Mistakes

I am traveling in New Zeland as I write this, and have not had enough time to keep up with the forum the last few weeks. This is a really good thread, as many have mentioned.
I also made lots of mistakes early on. I tried eating the low carb bars for lunch on days when I had not planned well enough, and had nothing LC in the fridge to eat - actually put weight on, didn't just stall! Also got into trouble with cashews - tried having a few at a time with no problem, next thing I knew, I was eating a cup at a time, with big time stall as a result. I am totally allergic to cheese, so snacks and quick things get tricky for me. I now find that I am better with raw almonds, than I was with cashews - you just have to keep trying until you find what works for you. I also use sugar free gum and sugar free mints from time to time, and that works for me.
I have been on maintenance for close to 2 years now, with no real dramatic problems. I really don't get into an HC stuff, and watch even my LC treats - like LC fruits etc. I do eat them, but still record my food intake everyday, and weigh myself every week. so far, it seems to be working! And I keep my exercise fairly regular too.

Cheers
Pat