Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Does it ever get easier?

It does, it does!

Remember the last time you had to learn something that seemed toatlly foriegn to you?

For me, it was driving because I learned how to drive 10 years ago. I was a die-hard passenger! It never even occured to me to learn how to drive.

First, I failed my learners permit twice. When I finally obtained it, I went to a very good driving school. There was classroom instruction and driving lessons. During my first lesson after driving around the neighborhood, the instructor took me on to a major road! I couldn't even tell where I was, stuff was going by me so quickly and my head was spinning from her instructions. It took a couple of months to learn and I even had to take extra lessons. During my road test, I encountered a configuration that I had never seen before and did the wrong thing, but because I did well on the rest of the test, I passed. Whew!

It's the same with LC. All is so new and strange and complicated at first. Your learning a new mindset, watching for "signs" and "signals", hitting dead ends and speed bumps, speeding and travelling the speed limit. Sometimes you drive under the speed limit!

It takes a while to figure everything out. As you go along figuring, you will develop a great new skill and a wonderful way of life. You will also be thinner, saner and healthier to boot!

Anything that challenges you - as well as improves your quality of life - is worthwhile learning. It's a frame of mind that as adults, we forget about what a joy it is to accomplish something we've never even thought of. LC makes you think. LC makes you get off your butt.

For some reason, I took to LC like a duck to water. Probably because it had a lot to do with food and eating!

Karen