View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 01:16
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Post One of my biggest newbie mistakes were...

I didn't perpare/plan my meals ahead of time.
I would find myself having tuna and mayo for the forth time on a Thursday at work. I also found myself running out of food or being out on the road with no low carb options.
Not anymore.
I plan two different but special low carb lunches for the week, trying different recipes and tasting to see if I like them. I then freeze 5 of them for lunches at work in freezer bags. I thaw a bag at work and at lunch microwave it hot.
I love this! Atkins is more fun this way.

The other thing is water. Now I'm not going to tell you that you need water, you know that. What I learned is to not take no for an answer when it comes to drinking water. You have to do it so find a way or two that works. I drink caffeine free red tea for 16oz of water. I add 16oz of fruit2O. I drink a half liter when I take my meds and I drink a half liter for each of my meals. I sip water inbetween. I think I'm doing good when I get my 3 liters in.
Find a way to get water in. My daughter who is low carbing eats snow she catches in a pot. That's water. She also like shaved ice, hey that's water. Find you thing and make it sing.. Drink the water!