View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-19, 12:41

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I definitely feel more energized on lc/ keto, NO question. NONE. Night and day. Brain zings along at a better pace too--more like a freight train flying across the plains, rather than " I think I can, I think I can" of the Engine That Could BARELY get up a steep hill.

THe body's aches and pains deminish rather quickly, and then Bamm, Im zipping around the house this summer like never before... and spend hours puttering in the garden. SAD diet would never allow for such exercise.

See Dr. Bikmans work for muscle work and exercise. He studies the athletes. IF not him another researcher. THese are the super marathoners that depend entirely on ketosis to fuel the body for 100 mile runs, for 25 hour runs.

Sounds like torture to me. I get shin splints---

ANy way, there is research on HUMANs and how the muscles use energy.

The researcher talks about when he is ready to do another study, many of the top world athlete are already on a waiting list to see how their training is working. Very cool stuff.

As for vegetarian and vegan, no one really mentions the side effects and problems associated with these. Seems there are no work arounds for a few of the issues expect to add real meat back into the diet.

Looking around the world, there are no tribal groups that willingly eat a vegetarian diet. Most are hunter- gatherers. As populations increase and the wild life decreases, getting enough animal protein declines. Animal protein becomes the limiting dietary factor. Which is why native peoples in ______, cut down bamboo and let it sit for weeks. IT is tested by banging on it like a drum along the length, gently. IT is the test for how full the inside is--- an insect has left its eggs and the larvae are growing.

While this is not appealing to those of us that have not been brought up on such a traditional food, this is a main source of protein for these people. The grubs are gathered up and lightly roasted. THe children gobble these up like popcorn.

( Talked with DH about this just the other nite. If someone handed me a roasted larvae I would definitely try it AS LONG AS I DIDNT KNOW what it was.)

I'm firmly in the camp that our health is optimized by including animal proteins.

Also, was chewing this subject over for a while. Historically, we could eat more grains and high car berries, fruit and roots. Because many days were in natural fasting ( aka starvation) because of lack of food. Even stored food must be stretched out to last until the next harvest. Our food supply would last much better if everyone around the world, esp rich nations, followed fasting protocols.

Can you imagine instead of, or in addition to Meatless Mondays, we adopted Fasting Friday??