#14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 17:33

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default tired of being invisible

I am really tired of being invisible.
I can't get service in stores, people let doors go in my face, make rude comments and give unsolicited advice. I have lost 100 pounds twice in my life and every time I gain the weight back I notice the same thing. I was in Peoples jewelers the other day with my friend. The clerks completely ignored me and stood there until a more worthy customer came in ,she was all over them.
I really like it when friends and family think it is ok to be "HELPFUL"
"do you really need that dear?" or "I'm only telling you this for you own good!"
I have lost friends over my weight. I had (keyword) a friend who somehow got the impression it was ok to be rude to me. Once she took away my dinner plate as we were eating supper and said "it makes me sick to watch you eat, how can you be happy with yourself? I wouldn't go in public if I looked like you." But the minute we defend ourselves we are labeled as Over Sensitive.
Ya, I guess I am overly sensitive to abuse. Oh ya, that was helpful not abuse, I forgot. I would really like to muster up the courage to tell some of these people what I really think but I would have to get their attention first. LOL