Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 07:18

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 180/169/135 Female 61 in.
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Exactly.

In addition, I often see people looking for a diet that will "let" them carb cycle, or "allow more carbs" or is "less strict" or even "more strict" and I wish to point out, very firmly, that it does not matter what the diet says.

What matters is how our individual bodies work. Our body is the one who sets the carb level, reacts to exercise (or not) and accepts certain kinds of carbs and reacts to others with cravings and weight gain.

The diet can't tell us that. The forum can't tell us that. Only our body can.

The very best plans are the ones we all craft for ourselves.

I am a good example of this! When I tried Carbohydrate Addicts Diet it was because it allowed oppurtunities for starches and sweets. After reading through posts here and reading articles and reading the book, I really thought it would work better for me than Atkins had. Then one day I got the bright idea to test my blood glucose....that changed everything! I started to see how that one high carb meal (allowed on CAD) was shooting my blood glucose into the danger zone. So no matter what the book said, and no matter how well it worked for someone else, I know that it will not work to improve *my* health.