#43   ^
Old Tue, Feb-16-16, 10:18

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
In the Bellevue all-meat experiment, the subjects didn't eat the stomach contents of anything, not even once. Where does this idea come from, that they ate the stomach contents of a freshly killed caribou, that it had a sweet appealing taste of any kind?

Yes, many contradictions, and the Bellevue experiment primarily fat, meat and very little organ meat. A telling paragraph from Stefansson's autobiography:
Quote:
I had forecast that we would be getting more than half our calories from fat. Most of us were surprised at the final computation, which was that about 80% of the calories came from fat and 20% from lean. The daily intake varied between 2600 and 2800 calories. There was, of course, no carbohydrate except what is normally contained in whole meat, perhaps 50 calories per day. If it is true that liver is higher in carbohydrates than are other meats, I repeat that we seldom ate liver. Some of the committee urged liver upon us, while others suggested that we avoid it. We probably ate no other organs except perhaps an occasional kidney. We were permitted to eat brains, and once, for a special reason that I will mention presently, I consumed a considerable amount of brains fried in bacon grease.

Stefansson and Andersen lived on a meat and water only diet for approximately 12 months and experienced no ill effects with the exception that Andersen contracted pneumonia during a short period; however, it was observed as a milder case compared to others at the time.