View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 22:53

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Most recently, Dave Feldman is focusing on the idea that the liver is possibly recirculating cholesterol, thus adding to the question of what does this phenomenon mean and how does this impact lipid test results? He mentioned that currently, there's no way to know unless you get into hard-to-do tracer models. By the way, this discussion can be heard on a podcast (Dr. Bret Scher) on DietDoctor.com. Well worth the listen.

So, the question remains, what do, if anything, blood lipid levels mean in relation to cardiovascular (atherosclerotic) health? Anything? As mentioned before, I'm very suspicious of claims that high cholesterol, high LDL are an indication of poor health. I believe that my experiences are not unique and no longer worry about lipids. I know how to get them to a level that is considered healthy by those who have established lipid levels as a health marker. I have done this (one of my N=1s) by eliminating dairy in all forms and gotten lipid results considered to be very healthy. Are lower levels of LDL really healthy or are many going through a futile exercise based on flawed assumptions that the exceeding of certain blood lipid levels are indications of health risks?