Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Originally Posted by cotonpal

I'm not impressed with the line-up for this summit. What I dislike about the summits in general is that there doesn't seem to be much quality control so good information from some speakers gets tossed in with very questionable information from others. This summit seems no exception, even maybe worse than most.

My sentiments as well. Mixing credible speakers with others not necessarily having a shared agenda for improved health as their primary motivation leads me to cherry-pick the information from those I trust. Summits typically don't do it for me.

LowcarbUSA San Diego 2018 was no exception. While one could argue that hearing different perspectives can be of some benefit, what I was there for was the latest scoop on LC related material. Not all of the speakers there were of interest to me. A few were rather off-topic.

Speaking of "argue", one speaker who supported LCHF/Keto as ONE of many healthy options went on and on about different circumstances and symptoms where LCHF/Keto would not be the best option. In the Q&A session following his presentation, none other than Dr. Eric Westman himself got in line to offer his 2 cents. He challenged that speakers "reasons" for not recommending keto one by one in a respectful, but rather heated debate. Mild mannered Dr. Westman being confrontational? I'm glad that I stuck around for that Q&A session.