Thread: Feel down
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 13:15

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hang in there. You KNOW that if you stick to plan that you ARE losing fat. The scales may not be showing it and it may take a few weeks for them to show it, but you KNOW it IS happening.

It's frustrating. I know. I've been there MANY times and on too many occasions I HAVE given up. Which is why it's taken me nearly twenty years to get where I am -- and even here I'm looking at at least another six months before I get back to where I've been twice before.

So we HAVE to find a way (a way that works for US as individuals) to fight through it.

I can't say yet that I have found mine, but I did have a bit of a mental revelation the other day. I've long thought that I would be able to stay on track if I could just lose a very consistent, even if slow, loss week after week. But then I asked myself if I would prefer a faster loss rate to that slow, consistent loss rate even if the faster loss rate were real erratic and involved weeks-long plateaus and even times where I was actually heavier than I was a month earlier and I realized that, given the two, I would prefer the faster loss rate despite the frustrations it would entail. So I've decided to try really hard to ride them out and recognize and accept them for what they are -- frustrating, short-term noise on an overall long-term success journey.