View Single Post
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 17:09

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I stocked some frozen fruit to use in cheesecakes. Last time was an excellent cherry version, and right now I'm overnight fridging (that's when the magic happens) strawberry rhubarb. Also, this cuts down on my prep.

Juggling fresh at this time is too tricky, since this is becoming a "quarantine staple." If I come home with fresh berries AND make a cheesecake that day, it could happen. The more I make a recipe, the faster it goes, of course.

Getting the fruit as frozen means I always have it handy. I not only love fruit cheesecakes, this lets me cut the sweetener by more than half from the original recipe directions, which was 2/3rds of a cup.

My adaptation, Cheese cake recipe from this thread:
https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=32185

1/4 cup almond flour
2 tbl softened butter

This is mostly eyeballed so I can mash it around at the bottom of a pie pan. You want to make a crumbly layer at the bottom of the pan. Let it sit in the oven while it preheats.

2 packages 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup monk fruit/erythritol sweetener
3 eggs
splash of lemon juice, like 2 tbl
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

soften the cream cheese and beat in all ingredients until smooth. A mixer would be great but I can do it by hand.

add

1 cup frozen fruit, thaw a bit on low power in microwave to cut up easily

Pour into pie pan. Bake at 325 for 50 mins.

Cool completely, then overnight in fridge.

Even Mr WereBear loves this and it's sweet enough for him. It's very keto friendly, depending on fruit used.

Berries and cherries are the lowest carb of all fruits, but if that's an issue, adding 1/4 cup cocoa (or to taste) will make it chocolate and low carb. Or use flavoring and orange or lemon zest for a citrus variety that also low in carbs.

I will try a key lime version at some point