View Single Post
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 08:17
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

And on the flip side of that, an N=1 experiment is my means of testing to see if something that appears to work for someone else has the same positive effects on me. Diet, health, fitness and nutrition is a complex and personal thing. We each have our own health issues. We have different diets and lifestyles. We have different genes, histories, and environments. Treatments interact. We are all guilty of saying I did X and Y happened. We think we have something figured only to find that the results are not repeatable. Study data is often based on large populations which can mask individual results. Plus there is also a lot of misinformation and bogus 'quick fix" schemes out there. That makes for a lot of skepticism. I think this is a major reason why the medical establishment has downplayed the roll that diet and nutrition plays in making us sick and making us well. If it can't be proven, repeated, and grown in a test tube - then even potentially effective methods are scoffed at. I have made many diet tweaks over the past 3 years. Some things seem to work and some appear to have no effect. The only real way to find out of something is beneficial for you is to try it yourself.

I'd caution to use good judgment and don't try anything foolish. If I see something - some new idea that may address an issue that I appear to have, I read up on it. If it seams reasonable and safe, I may give it a try. Another N=1.