Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 15:20
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Sona's Crepes

She's too shy to post them herself, I think. *tease*

They are very good! I just made some and put NF cottage cheese and raspberry curd in the middle. I used whole eggs.

Quote:
You take one full egg thinned with a few Ts of water OR 2-3 egg whites no yolks), scramble them up well. You heat up a small Teflon or nonstick skillet that you've sprayed with PAM; when it's heated, you add a small amount of the egg liquid, swirl it around till it's coating the pan evenly, pour back any excess into your bowl, then place the pan back on the heat and watch it till the edges start to curl--or when you can tell that it's slightly browned (or browning) on the underside and looks non-raw on top.

Take the pan off the heat, turn it upside down above a clean towel, and bang down to release the crepe. It should fall down onto the towel. Unfold the edges and set it aside to cool.

Respray with a burst of PAM and start the process again till all the egg liquid is gone. Should make about four crepes.

FILLINGS are as inventive and varied as anyone's imagination.

Tuna pureed with horseradish and 1T cottage cheese.
Grilled chicken bits with LF mayo (1/2 teaspoon), minced celery, garlic powder
Hard-boiled egg white (or full egg) mashed with mustard, 1/2 minced olive, 1/2 teaspoon mayo
Crabmeat blended with 1 T salsa and onion powder
Ground beef/veal cooked with shallots, garlic...well, you get the idea!