Old Tue, Jan-21-20, 09:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
The pizza is small, but very filling, unlike the carby rice-based gluten-free crusts that leave me feeling like crap from being a sugar bomb.

According to the Unbun site, one crust has 32g carbs, of which 28g is fiber. No wonder it's so filling .
Ingredients: water, blanched almond flour, pumpkin seed protein powder, coconut flour, pysllium husk, olive oil, coconut milk, flax meal, chia seed meal, apple cider vinegar, paleo baking powder (baking soda, cream of tartar, salt), nutritional yeast, garlic powder, basil.

Psyllium husk is listed before chia and flax, which means there's more of it. I'm allergic to psyllium, so looks like this won't be an option for me.

I love Karen's Meatza! crust, except I use ground chicken instead of the mix of ground pork & beef. Those inexpensive frozen tubes of ground chicken tend to be finely minced .. almost like a paste. When baked with the spices and then accumulated juices drained off, the texture is quite "crust-like" . Cut into 8 slices, they're sturdy enough to be picked up and eaten with the fingers. A bit greasy .. but still .. that's what napkins are for!!