View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 17:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/194/176 Male 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 71%

I have taken the liberty of recalling this post by dietcoke for I think it fits into this thread ....

#13 Fri, Feb-27-04, 01:46
dietcoke

Stats: 110/97/90
BF:
Progress:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi cheryaust and others,

ok i'd tried baking fibrex with my microwave and yesss it works! i made some choco bread and they were absolutely heavenly (texture is kinda like bodhi's bread)! the best part is, it took me only 2 mins to prepare to 2.5 mins to nuke it in the microwave no way am i ever eating fibrex as a cereal ever again!

the entire bread looks like 3 slices of normal bread slices. but i ate the entire thing all by myself *rubs happy tummy*

ingredients:
50g FibreX
1/4 Tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa powder
4 Tbsp Splenda (or to your taste)
1 Tbsp Double Cream
2 eggs
20g melted butter
enough water (very little!) to mix above into a thick pourable consistency

steps:
1. mix all ingredients together (i used a blender but hand will be fine) and add a little water at a time until the ingredients turns into a normal cake pourable mixture (not too watery)
2. line a microwavable lunchbox (to save on washing and ease of removing the bread later) with gladwrap and pour in the mixture
3. nuke for 2.5 - 3 mins in microwave

i melted 2 blocks of cadbury's lite chocolates and spread over the entire mini "bread" and it was mucho-yumbo!

I make this receipe often, especially when I'm in a hurry ..I have tried a few changes ,more baking powder,only one egg,no coco,no splenda but a hand full of grated cheese..either way it hits the spot..one warning..nuke for 3 minutes max..turn out to cool then be a little piggie and enjoy ... dietcoke babe, take a bow...thanks ..John...xx