#6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:38

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhutt1
I thought my problems were over until I feasted (had to go to a wedding). I measured my glucose next morning to find that it was around 8.5. Obviously I was not out of trouble. I started reading about insulin resistance.

My experience thus far has been similar to yours. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic 2 years ago and didn't do much about it. ~5 weeks ago I went on low carb after my A1C shot up over 10. My fasting BG was 250 and spiking up to 325 after a meal. Right now I my BG is averaging about 120.

I've been doing a lot of reading. Google some of the articles that talk about LC diets inducing insulin resistance. As I understand it, just as it takes your body time to become "fat adapted" it would also take time for your body to adjust to carbs when you end a ketogenic diet. I don't think that suddenly ending your diet, running right out and scarfing down a bunch of carbs is going to give you an accurate picture, if indeed the LC diet INDUCES a form of insulin resistance. I plan to do it gradually, giving my body a few weeks to adjust before doing anything like a glucose tolerance test.