View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 19:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

You are asking some really good and difficult questions. I myself had not developed any metabolic issues that alarmed doctors - but alarmed myself in the form of excessive weight and a bottomless pit when it came to eating carbohydrate. I could eat them, fall asleep, wake up and be just as hungry as I was before.

In particular when I ate candy, which I rarely did, believe it or not, it never satisfied and I'd eat all that I had. Something in that is not right

I didn't pay much attention to my reaction to different foods and timings like others have here, Ken comes to mind http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478139

I think he's pretty convinced he's done loads to "reverse" his "insulin resistance" He's kept a lot of data, been very vigilant and observant on how his changing body behaves. He has also experimented once or twice in a controlled manner with "bad" foods, Some pie and an eclair if I recall - timer and BG meter in hand.

I also follow Dr. Fung and appreciate his insights and work he does with suffering people, seemingly bringing and end to that aspect of their suffering with something as simple as not eating or modifying WHEN they eat.

Spend more time on this site, ask questions and contribute. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Time will tell.