View Single Post
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 22:30

Plan: Atkins for Life
Stats: 270/220/160 Female 67
BF:41.5/35.5/24.3
Progress: 45%
Question Two questions

I'm kinda confused about why this works . . . most of my diet is meat and eggs I have eggs in the morning, usually omlet (with some cheese,) lunch is 2 cups salad greens, and canned chicken or tuna (with mayo.) Dinner is steak, chicken cooked in butter, or porkloin, and a veggie like green beans.

Cutting out a lot of fat, very low carb, and eating higher protein seems contrary to Atkins approach? I lose much better when my fat consumption is 75-80%. So is this meat/egg diet used to change your metabolism in some way?

Second question Have any of you tried the Fat Fast that Atkins talks about in his book "The New Diet Revolution?" Atkins writes that for those who are severly metabolically resistant, this Fat fast can get ketosis going - but he said it was dangerous for those who are losing successfully already (going to fast might hurt our bodies in some way.) In this plan, you eating almost exclusively fats - the list looks way to rich, don't know if I could do it. Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

Anyway - I'm curious to learn about both these fasts . . . if I can be fairly sure that one or the other is safe, I just might have to try it out for a week or so

Cheers,

Monica