View Single Post
  #1453   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-21, 09:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello!

Lori- I know you like Dr Ekberg and he does have a good teaching style. Glad you and DH had such a nice walk!

I know you (and Trig) are happy getting up so early but I can't imagine starting my day at 4 AM. I just feel like the day would seem SO LONG. I'd be ready to crash by 4 PM!

Yay for your scale being down! I'm currently right at 157 (+/- 1) and my initial goal is 150 (I'm 5'4" on a good day.) After that I think a range of 145-150 will probably be about where I aim to be. Right now I'm just moving along at a slow and happy pace, with a mix of different types of foods. I am not doing keto and probably at the higher end of low carb, but choosing so for now. I needed a mental and physical break from such heavy restriction. That means allowing a small amount of fruit (ie a snack might be 1/4 apple with .8 ounce of cheese) or a single serving of oatmeal with bacon for a brunch, that type of thing. When I do have a carb item it is measured and limited to a single serving.

Jaz- So sweet how you and Ruger have bonded. I actually think the 1 to 1 combo really bonds humans and dogs. Bella stays much closer to me when I am the only one here. Really glad you had such a fun weekend and that your knees are doing so much better.

We definitely do get those blue skies here- I call them Carolina Blue from having lived in NC. I do agree that they are gorgeous!

I am surprised that your triglycerides run high given what you eat. Your A1c is great. You are right that people's bodies are all different, metabolize differently etc. No doubt about that. And that can all change from time to time as well!

••••••••••••••

It is chilly (yet humid, very strange weather combo I'll need to get used to) and cloudy today.

Dh is working in his new office today for the first time. Overall it is going very well. I know I'll get used to knowing he's here but trying not to bother him but right now the temptation to bug him is strong.

We ate dinner out last night at a Bay front restaurant in Fenwick. Would have been a stunning place to see a sunset but it was way too cloudy/drizzly for that this time. Food was good- especially what DH ordered. We'll go back.

Today I've been hanging- sort of having a down day after three intensive camp days. I am doing a book discussion with my Accountability group for NoBS- we are reading a book called Chasing Cupcakes together, so I'll read a chapter of that today. I am meeting someone at the fitness center at 1 to go over the weight machines- adding strength training is something I want to incorporate. After that I am going to go a to a produce stand/farmers market place around here that people rave about, just for fun.

Dinner will be at home tonight- cheeseburgers (bunless for me) and a Caesar salad. I'm up .8 from yesterday, I assume from eating out, so taking a break today. I've been really really good about keeping it "non-vacay mode" in DE this time and have lost weight, so now the challenge is to make sure and keep that going with DH here. He hasn't been here since we were last here for closing so he is way more excited and vacation-y, while to me it is starting to feel more like home.