#13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-06-01, 11:34

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by YogaBuff
Have any of you guys out there who have increased the duration, type, and intensity of your exercise ahd any insomnia. I've ALWAYS done this-- started sleeping badly when I heavy-up the exercise, but, I thought that lo-carb might counter-act that. I had been sleeping so well on low carb!! Now, it's like the metabolism is in over drive-- wired! I lay there and can't GO to sleep, then sleep lightly, and wake frequently, wake fully at 3 AM and can't go back.

Yoga, are you taking any supplements? Calcium / Magnesium should help. I used to be the lightest sleeper around, the day I started the cal/mag my sleep changed; deep and right through the night. It was amazing. I take 4 pills a day (3 with 3 of my meals and one an hour before bed). Mag has a very soothing effect.

Are you eating prior to sleep? When you wake are you hungry? Could you be not getting enough protein?

There is a discussion about sleep patterns changing going on right now on the BFL board; I'll keep my eyes on it to see what kind of replies it garners.

I have a question for you (another, yes); when you were lifting weights seriously what did you bench press on average? I just picked up a barbell and some weights to change my exercises next week and i've got no idea what to start with.... I'm going to try a few reps on Saturday as a test but I'd like to know what I should be shooting for. I can currently press 20lbs (20 lbs in each hand) with dumb bells, but from what I understand when you use a bar bell you can press more?

Thanks for any help. And I'll keep you posted about the sleep issue.

Nat