Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariejane
Hello
This is what I ate yesterday, any comments/feedback would be appreciated:-

Breakfast:
2 slices wholewheat toast (we dont get stoneground bread out here)
Sugar free peanut butter (not sure what else I can put on, except sugar free jam)
Coffee with milk and Xylitol

Peanut butter isn't a good choice - too much fat in it. Sugar free jam would be better. Do you have marmite where you live? Milk - Make it skimmed.

Snack time (3 hours later)
Some almonds
Coffee

Did you really need the almonds? A piece of fruit would be better - how about an apple?

Lunch time:
Salad: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, brie cheese (wasnt sure?), avocado. Squeezed lemon juice over (not as yummy as honey/mustard dressing I am so used to). Can't eat salad without making it absolutely yum like adding avo and gr8 cheese... Also quite rushed for lunch...

Salad is fine. Not sure about brie. How about some lower fat cheese? Low fat feta for example. I don't know what avo and gr8 are.

Snack in afternoon:
Had 2 squares of very dark chocolate (85%)
Some pecan nuts
Can diet soda
Then coffee again, milk, xylitol

Did you need this snack?

(Dranks loads of water - about 1.5 litres)

Good

Supper:
2 Hungarian sausages warmed in micro
fried in olive oil: red onion, mushrooms, courgette, and added a can of chilli tomato with peppers. Added some brie to plate. Was so delish.
Had a small bowl of strawberries.

Watch the amount of olive oil. Rest of it looks fine. Strawberries are a fruit and should not follow a meal. However they are a good thing to eat at the right time. They could be eaten as a strarter 30 minutes before the meal or several hours after. Fruit doesn't combine well with anything much.

Congratualtions on your weight loss on the first day and good luck for keeping it up in the future. I have got the Montignac book at home. It is all very much based on French cuisine and customs but it can be followed anywhere. All the food combining plans are very similar. I once did strict Montignac and I enjoyed it and lost weight too.

I usually use a low fat French dressing from a supermarket. Meat and salad is a good choice