Thread: Goal Weight
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 09:41

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

IMO, you lose until YOU think you feel "right". Not by the charts.

I lost a significant amount of weight over a 4 year period, just several years ago. (I flunked maintenance - note - don't do that, which is why I am back listing my current overweight stats).
I kept trying to get to the agreeduponwithdoctors goal of 146. What none of us thought about was the weight of all the loose skin I ended up with. I got to 150 (from 368) at 5'4 1/2 inches (down from 5' 6 1/2 inches..yay ageing), and two of my doctors asked me to stop losing (cardiologist and pulmonologist). You could see every bone of my sternum protruding, my collar bones were out, I was almost back to a size 8 jean (I have a butt, I was born with it and it will never, ever be small and/or flat).
I hadn't seen it. I was focused on that damn goal weight, and enjoying a body that was functioning so much better (tossed my pain med and cane for my arthritic knees and was walking/mild hiking).

This time around, I know 150 is too low, so I have chosen a goal of 160. I will laugh in the face of any doctor who doesn't read/know my history and dares when I am at that weight, to tell me I'm a little heavy for being under 5' 5 inches.

So...go by how your clothes fit, by the activity/stamina level you are at, how you feel about your eating. Not by the bmi. imo.