Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 09:28

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default Goal Weight

I'm 5'9".

I'm also legit "large frame".

(When I was 11, my aunt got married, and I was a full bride's maid, not a "junior". I was 5'7", weighed 110 lbs, and wore a size 10 gown. When I was a freshman in college, my roommate was 5'7", weighed 110 lbs, and wore a size 0 dress. My skeleton could not fit into her clothes. That was the moment when I came to understand that "big boned" was more than a euphemism for "kinda fat", as I'd always believed.)

Right now, by BMI, I'm getting super-close to "overweight" instead of "obese". I've lost well over 30 lbs since November. I'm not suffering. I'm not hungry. I'm not deprived. Eating in public is a pain, but whatever. People are just beginning to notice & comment that I look like I've lost weight. (I don't TELL people, because then they'll comment to be polite. I just wait until folks a.) notice, and b.) are sure enough to say something.)

This has me kind of excited, and also looking at progress in terms of goals.

The charts list "ideal weight" for 5'9" as 128-168 lbs. When I started college, surgery had caused me to drop weight until I was 140 lbs... I know anything like that is definitely unhealthy for me. (Had jaw surgery, was wired shut for 6 weeks, and even drinking was difficult, let alone maintaining weight on all-liquid diet back in the 80s, before there were so many options for liquid meals)

I was going through the various places I track my weight (there's apps and stuff that reward you for it) and noticed that my "goal" weight is listed in various places as anything from 150-170.

So I'm wondering... when you're listing your "goal", how do you pick? And, honestly, I don't plan on changing my eating... My "final" weight will probably just be where my body hits homeostasis, with maybe a few tweaks to keep things in the healthy range.)

[ETA: "healthy" applies as much to getting too thin as to re-gaining.]
Sponsored Links