View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 03:20

Plan: Atkins (Planning to...)
Stats: 120/98/90 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress:

I've been in love with liquid stevia lately. Namely, the vanilla creme flavored one from SweetLeaf.

I'm very curious to try out their other flavors, such as English Toffee and Chocolate, but I've been having trouble finding them. I got the Vanilla Creme one from Save-on-foods, where they also had Chocolate Raspberry and Valencia Orange. But out of the several Save-ons that I checked, those were the only 3 flavored they carried. Any idea where I might be able to find the other flavors? Or flavor recommendations? Any help is appreciated =D. I especially want the Chocolate one, but is afraid that Chocolate Raspberry would have too much raspberry. I want just chocolate =).

I have been able to find all kinds of stevia products in health food stores. Most of them carry stevia in one form or another. Tablets, powdered--just not flavored liquid!

On an unrelated note, I purchased Da Vinci's SF Irish Cream and Strawberry syrup from JJ Beans ($10 a bottle flat, not a bad price). I have to say though, I am kind of disappointed in how they taste. Da Vinci's seems to have more popularity over Torani's in the LC community, with most people saying Da Vinci's syrups are sweeter, have more flavor, and are thicker. I have tried both Irish Cream and Strawberry from Torani's, and thought both were very well done. When I bought the Da Vinci ones, I had really high hopes. But after tasting them, they somehow seem thinner and runnier than the Torani ones??? As for the flavors, I thought Torani's had a better Irish Cream. I suppose that is a personal preference though.

What are everyone else's thoughts? How do the Torani syrups compare with the Da Vinci ones in general? Or does the comparison vary with each different flavor? Is it worth the trouble trying to hunt down the Da Vinci ones when Torani's syrups are much more accessible here?

Sorry for the long post =P...