View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 04:15

Plan: Atkins (Planning to...)
Stats: 120/98/90 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress:
Default [Vancouver]Grocery Shopping Guide

Hi all! I'm new here. I've been lurking the forums for a while now.

As you all know, low carb grocery choices arent as abundant in Canada as they are in the states. It's especially hard here on the west coast since most of the big food importers are located in Toronto/Montreal area.

I think it would be helpful if we could all contribute our product finds around Vancouver. Like our favorite places to shop for low carb/health foods, specialty product findings, etc.

I put Vancouver in square brackets in the beginning of the thread topic, I think it would makes more sense to have this area-specific. Other cities can start their own shopping guides, too =).

To start things off, here are my contributions:

Quote:
Torani Sugar-free Syrups:
I actually found these in quite a few small independent coffee shops.
  • City Blends Coffee in Surrey Central Mall
  • Shefield Gourmet Cup in Surrey Central Mall
  • Second Cup in Richmond Centre
  • Take Five Cafe in Metrotown
  • Many the Bays
Take five cafe in Metrotown has the best price, its about $11 after tax for the bigger bottle. Most other places sell them for a few dollars more. The Bay only carry the smaller bottles, but are more reasonably priced at $6.99/bottle. Flavor selection in general is not that good. None of the places carry all of the flavors, you really have to hunt them down.

Walden's Farm Products:
I called the Canadian distributors' numbers listed on Walden's Farm's website. Here are 3 places they told me to visit. I haven't had time to go to any of them yet. But I did also call the first store, Nature's Living Health, and they confirmed they carry Walden's Farm's products.
  • Nature's Living Health - 2688 Arbutus Street, Tel: (604) 736-3003
  • Mienhardts - 3002 Granville Street, (604) 732-4405
  • Omnitsky - 5866 Cambie Street, (604)-321-1818

Now, please kindly share your favorite places to shop low carb so we can help each other out =)

Here are a few things I've been trying to find around Vancouver:

-More Torani Sugarfree Syrups (I want to try out different flavors)
-DaVinci Sugarfree Syrups (again, more flavors)
-Carb-free sweentener, ie the really concentrated liquid ones
-Atkin's bars (the smaller ones, not the 60g ones. I'm counting calories at the moment and 240cal per bar is a lot. Some of the smaller ones are supposed to be 150cal ea)
-La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortillas (or any low carb tortilla)
Sponsored Links