#6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-20, 09:30

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess9132
How long before ADM/Kelloggs/General Mills gets this woman canned? No. I'm not kidding.

I was concerned about that too. I don't feel like looking up the corporate partners from the ADA right now, but you know there's going to be push-back on this from the any and all corporate partners who make the processed starches and carbs that are the backbone of a "healthy" diabetic diet, determined to prove that it's the (saturated animal) fats that cause/worsen diabetes. They can't fault her for admitting she eats a fast food salad when she can't get a "proper" meal, but, you can be sure they'll be screaming from the rooftops that she's courting a heart attack by eating that fast food burger, and ditching the bun, and worse than that, encouraging other diabetics to do the same.

In the food climate where a vegan diet is being pushed as the answer to all problems from climate change to ultimate health, this is quite the gutsy thing for her to do, to actually admit she's literally going against the grain, and that doing so continues to make her more healthy every day. I wish her well - and hope she's not silenced, but like you, sadly, I believe it's inevitable.