#82   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 14:56

Plan: Atkins/Taubes
Stats: 270/168/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbird
Hello Aradasky, many thanks for your encouragement.

I'm so sorry I put my views on the Atkins diet so badly. I loved Dr Atkins diet 100% but since he died I feel that those now running the Atkins diet have turned it away from his wonderful original vision. I have his 1972 book which is almost unrecognisable from the most recent publications. That's why I now distrust them.

Without going fully '72 Atkins, I will avoid grains, stay low carb and increase my fat intake. My most recent meal was eggs scrambled with butter and cream and smoked Scottish salmon.

Well as long as you keep in mind that Dr. Atkins and "Atkins Nutritionals" are two completely separate entities, there shouldn't be any confusion or distrust. The good doctor's advise is just as sound as it was before his unfortunate fall. He spent his life helping people. I don't think anybody can say the same about the Roark Capital Group.

I have to say, I think he did it right. Live a healthy and active life, stand up for what you believe in, help others and then one day, BAM, check out for good. No lingering illness, no fear, and a good life left behind you.