View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 254/216/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

honestly, i don't really like the mock danishes. i don't really like eggs, period. the only way i can eat them is fried.

i didn't think protein shakes were okay on induction. are they? what are some good ones for a self-proclaimed shake-hater? i tried the atkins shakes and *hated* them...

as for reading the book, i've read it. numerous times. i have many pages dog-eared. and i've always eaten lots of veggies, and i'm not willing to compromise on that. you can't gain weight from eating too many veggies. i stick to low GI ones of course. and plus, i really cannot give them up for health reasons. er, to put it delicately, i need LOTS of fiber from veggies and benefiber to keep things going, if you know what i mean. that's my only caveat with low-carbing; it messes up my GI system BIG time. i've found that increasing my veggie intake was the only thing to combat that problem, so the veggies are staying. plus, even when i first started atkins, i ate way more than 3 cups a day and still lost 30 pounds in my first 2&1/2 months. so i don't think they are the problem.

as for the flaxmeal cereal, i didn't think that was induction friendly. i'm trying to stick as closely as possible to the list of acceptable foods.

thanks guys, for your responses! i love this forum!