#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 12:14

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

From the book Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival

Quote:
When we don't get enough sleep in sync with seasonal light exposure, we fundamentally alter a balance of nature that has been programmed into our physiology since Day One. This delicate biological rhythm rules the hormones and neurotransmitters that determine appetite, fertility, and mental and physical health.

When we rely on artificial light to extend our day until 11 P.M., midnight, and beyond, we fool our bodies into living in a perpetual state of summer. Anticipating the scarce food supply and forced inactivity of winter, our bodies begin storing fat and slowing metabolism to sustain us through the months of hibernation and hunger that never arrive.

From my own experience, blocking blue light at sundown and wearing a sleep mask resulted in an almost miraculous improvement in my sleep, which was down to 2-4 hours a night.

From pursuing various healing strategies as needed, I had 9 hours last night, and this past month of so I've been waking up refreshed for the first time in years.

Keto also improved it: fairly soon I was getting 8 hours, in two four hours blocks: but I will take it.