View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-10, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: my own/ IF
Stats: 155/155/125 Female 63.75 inches
BF:I/don't/care
Progress: 0%

I think the bottom line on BHRT is everyone has unique DNA. You have to work with your health practitioner/ doctor to find what works for you.
After years of tweaking, and with chronically weak adreenals, I find that i must take BHRT simultaneously with adrenal and thyroid meds.
I take estradiol in low doses, continuous all month. (1mg per day). I take avg amt of progesterone cream or prometrium pills in 1mg amt. If I stop estrogen, I become clinically depressed and sluggish...and super cranky. If I stop progesterone, I don't sleep at night.
You just have to figure out what works for you. According to Dr. Uszzi Rice---some of your hormonal needs at/post meno will depend on your body type. Tall, lean, small chested females or muscular/athletic types will generall feel the need for more estro after menopause than the more naturally voluptuous types. I can say that this is true in my family. I had a grandma who was the "Sofia Loren" voluptuous type. She breezed thru menopause with out even noticing that it happened. I, on the other hand---miss muscle butt---had the menopause from hell.