View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-14, 15:41

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Post My Walnut Oil & Honey Vinaigrette for salads

I'd like to share my recipe for a walnut oil and honey (SF of course!) vinaigrette.

I just invented this vinaigrette tonight, to use on a walnut and chicken salad I made. The salad is romaine lettuce with red cabbage, diced baked chicken thighs left over from lunch, feta cheese, and walnuts. And the vinaigrette of course!

Walnut Oil & SF Honey Vinaigrette

Walnut & Honey Vinaigrette (Sugar Free)

1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
2 TBSP home-made dehydrated onions I made in my dehydrator
2 TBSP walnut oil
2 TBSP SF imitation honey
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Whisk and enjoy. Store remainder in tight container for one week in fridge.

Do not use walnut oil for cooking--it can't take heat!

The dehydrated onions are some I made over the weekend. They are super crispy and so far, my most favorite dehydrated item I've tried, and I'm not even an onion fan, but WOW!

I simply crushed some up in my hand and added to the vinaigrette as a last thought, and they are excellent and give my salad a nice crunch! I could have simply just tossed them on top of the salad instead of mixing them in the vinaigrette.

They turned out to be a great alternative to fried wontons, fried crunchy tortilla strips, chow mein noodles, or other high carb things we can't have that make a salad crunchy. Next time, I will just sprinkle the onions on top, but so far, they are staying crunchy in my oil, but also, I AM eating it right away. :-) Just remember--onions DO have carbs, so I'm not eating very much.
Sponsored Links