#18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 11:58

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Ironically, the PEA is making me more relaxed, and so less energy, but it's a lot better than tired & wired which was the problem with high cortisol.

IMO its about finding the balance.

When I looked into high cortisol and PTSD, cortisol levels are rhythmic: high am, low pm. ( the reverse of seratonin/ melatonin).

For what its worth: When my son was on 5HTP, he took that as a morning dose with his Concerta ( ADHD) and these actually counter each other. He has an issue with LOW seratonin at all times, hence the 5HTP. I know these seems tangled. The norm is moderate levels of seratonin at all times, with a rise in melatonin in the pm to signal sleep. WIth out the seratonon boost via 5HTP he was not just a grumpy gus, but life was just miserable for this kid.

Last year I took him off the 5HTP when I found some research on growth issues. Not that his pediatrician said anything. AND I dumped all the seed oils from our diet as much as I can control within my home ( vs eating at friends, or parties) . His bottle of Mag a month supple has lasted a year; and the omega 3 pills are barely touched. I had credited his change due to those but given the facts, I cant credit omega 3 nor Mg for his change.

Keep your research coming...... I need to check Dr Daniel Amen's book on PEA. I seem to recall that in his book......