View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-20, 15:25

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

For some reason I didn't get the usual email notification of replies - thanks for replies!

The temporary blindness has been the only real symptom, in spite of the surgeon saying they were "severely" blocked. I've had some dizziness even when sitting down & soreness in my neck, but that's about it. Almost forgot - also the loud "swooshing" in my left ear.

And that blindness is weird - there's even a name for it which I don't remember - it was like a white curtain coming down over my eye. I was able to see light, but not things. Then the eye recovered bit by bit - strange geometric black shapes getting smaller until they disappeared. Freaked me out. Which is good because had I not been scared by it, I might not have called my doctor.

My doctor went by my symptoms & had an ultrasound done - that clinched it. Had a visit with the surgeon Monday & he ordered a cat scan to see the details. He won't know exactly which surgery will be best for me until he can see that. Don't know when that will be as the VA is being their usual slow self. At least it gives me time to get used to the idea of surgery.

I may not have to stay overnight in the hospital at all, but if I do, I'm taking my own food.

Bluesinger - I'll ask the doctor to save a sample of what's removed for me to verify your mother's story.

The scariest part of this is the chance of having a stroke. I don't like the idea of not being me anymore.