View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Ah, fair enough! I guess the idea is to force your body to use fats for fuel right away instead of risking it trying to run on a tiny amount carbs? I'm guessing that's what happened to me.

I read that cherry juice can help you sleep, but I vetoed that idea and put frozen cherries into my smoothies instead. I have no idea if it really helps but it's something to try anyway. Why are cherries safer than strawberries? Cherries have more carbs than strawberries I thought?

Hmmm, I never thought about trying to use my scale. I've been measuring out the fruit for my smoothies using measuring cups but with round cherries it's hard to know how many you're really getting. I'll have to try that tonight and see if I'm actually putting in 1/2 cup worth or not.

I can't stand anything with artificial sweeteners in it unfortunately, it's real fruit or bust for me. I definitely don't eat anywhere near that ratio of veggies, it's probably more like 1:1 at this point.

Oh yum! I loved fruit salad but I never heard of putting rum on it, that really must have been delicious! I can't eat bananas anymore, they really mess up my vision. Ice cream and chips are big triggers for me, they're like eating air and I can eat an entire container / bag in one sitting and still be hungry.

Thank you! I just wish I knew the safest way to try for ketosis again, I thought tapering back on carbs sounded best but if you're supposed to go cold turkey?? Now I'm worried I'll just find the minimum carbs I need to function without getting into ketosis doing it that way . . .