#17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

~teaser

Fair enough! I actually have a sleep disorder almost unheard of outside of people with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, so for all I know I might even have the latter.

I'm glad you're handling everything better now! Man, if eating low carb would help with easing my pain sensitivity that would be beyond awesome, another good reason to try again.

Interesting, I never noticed caffeine helping with pain myself. But then I have it regularly enough that I've probably built up a tolerance to it, so that might explain that.

Oh, I'll try anything to help with my energy levels! Not that anything ever helps, not even the weight loss . . .

~GRB5111

Ah, gotcha! I know what you mean, you have to add quite a few goodies to a smoothie to add enough flavor so they don't taste watered down. I'm careful about my peanut butter though, I buy the all natural stuff, I don't even like the sweetened stuff anymore.

I actually searched for low carb smoothies a while back and most had fruit in them. But I'll check the site out, thanks! Their search function sucks, but I tried searching the site with Google and it worked way better. And the first two smoothie recipes listed had strawberry and blueberry in the titles.

I actually don't care much for avocados plain, but if they're blended into a smoothie, I really like the creamy texture. I don't like artificial sweeteners at all though, they all seem to have a weird, chemical undertaste to me.

Oh, I can be patient! I rode this hell out for three months waiting for my body to adjust and it took me a year and a half to lose 50 lbs each time, give or take. But I'm not going to put up with being ravenously hungry no matter how much I eat and piling on weight because of it either, you know what I mean?

Thanks, I really hope I can make this work, I'd love the energy boost from being in ketosis!

~nawchem

Words cannot express how awesome it is to hear you say that, it seems like everyone else accused me of lying about how badly my finger was maimed. She squeezed it and practically wrung it out to get more blood out of it too, does that normally happen?

The thing is while I'm not phobic of needles themselves, I am phobic of the pain from them. I can handle blood draws and dental injections because they don't hurt much if at all, but everything else was excruciating. I might get used to finger sticks, but working up the courage (and funds) to try is going to be extremely difficult for me.

I'm definitely going to mention that test to her, it's going to be a lot easier for me to handle four blood draws than to drop $100 on a testing kit I may be too scared to use!

Do you put sugar in your coffee? Or were you just having a bad reaction to the caffeine? I don't have coffee around anymore but I always drink it black when I go out.

Yeah, I'm really liking the idea of tapering off on carbs a lot, at least then if I do get sick I won't get as sick before I adjust. Plus, if I really can't tolerate ketosis, at least I can pinpoint the bare minimum of carbs I need to be functional so if I fall off the wagon again it won't be to this same extent!