Thread: Keto and Cancer
View Single Post
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 06:14

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

As Im looking for answers, fell on this interview, and a section notably regarding colon cancer.

Quote:
DrMR: Absolutely. So here’s something I’d like to get your perspective on if you have done research in this area. This is something that Norm Robillard and I have been talking about doing another podcast on. And at some point, I plan on doing a pretty comprehensive literature review on this topic, and then reporting back on what we find.

But I’ve heard that the thinking that dietary fiber helps us prevent colon cancer is a bit erroneous. And it may be one of those things where the fiber is just associated, but it’s not really causal to improve colon health because maybe a lower fiber diet is associated with more processed food consumption, more trans fat. And it’s not really the fiber. It’s just the fact that a lower fiber diet is usually accompanied by pretty unhealthy foods. So do you have any thoughts with fiber and colon cancer?

KM: Yes, I do. We know there are two types of colon cancer. Genetics. Genetic. And they affect a very small minority of people, only about one percent. And most of them are dead by age 45. And then we have age-onset colon cancers. And we know that colon cancers are preceded by inflammatory conditions. For example, it’s a well-established fact that having Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis increases your chance of colon cancer by 3,000%. Incredible number!

And the death rate is not as high because 300,000 people a year go through colectomy. So those people, most likely, they wouldn’t have a colectomy, meaning the removal of their colon, surgical removal, they would die from a colon cancer.

So there is a clear cut connection between inflammation or inflammatory conditions inside the colon and the colon cancer. Odds are that we can surmise that if we will reduce the inflammation, we can then reduce the rate of colon cancers.

And what’s the simplest way to reduce the connection, to reduce inflammation is to remove all the chemical irritants from the colon. And the primary chemical irritants for the colon is high acidity and the alcohols and as a toxin, so fermentation. And fiber is a primary cause of fermentation because, if you do consume a low-fiber diet, then the remnants of food in stools are no more than 3% to 4%.

And only by adding a lot of fiber, soluble and insoluble, as well as a probiotic, that’s where you, again turn the colon into compost pile. And that’s where you get into high acidic situations and high inflammation. And that’s when earlier you mentioned the fact that people go on an elementary diet, the symptoms of IBS and Crohn’s disease improve, it’s the same connection.

So a message to everybody. Guys, girls, doctors, if you want to reduce your chance of getting non-genetic colon cancer, particularly past 50, the best way to do it is to eliminate inflammatory conditions inside your colon.

From an interview with the author of FIBER MENACE.
https://drruscio.com/why-dietary-fi...in-monastyrsky/