View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:00
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I put on weight when I got married to my first husband (who was 13 yrs older) at 19. Went from 130 to 200, and there weren't even any children born. At first I think it started because I was in college at the same time, working almost full time, and was expected to be a traditional wife. It was easy to cook pasta casseroles or those frozen meals or bring home a pizza from the restaurant I worked at. After college, I think it was mostly due to being in an unhappy and loveless relationship. We both put on a lot of weight. THen we decided to try marriage counseling, and he said that I had changed and made myself fat, AND made him fat too!! That made me so mad, that the next day I went on Atkins. He tried it for a few days then decided he was too stressed to diet and that I was causing the stress. Needless to say that the marriage ended, but I stuck to the plan until I lost about 40 pounds. I maintained after that just because of all the crazy stuff I was going through. Last year, I put on 20 because I went off Maintenance for a bit. I have since been back to it while pregnant and feel great. Once I am back to normal, I am planning to go gangbusters all the way to my goal of 140.