View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-14, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: Wheat Belly / Atkins
Stats: 198/187/165 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wow - really been enjoying reading everyone's comments plus the starting post! Just realised that I'm in a better position being the "main cook" in the family.... Really good just getting a very "long term lifestyle" theme from reading these posts.

I think I've often approached - dieting and LCHF eating - as something temporary/ non-sustainable - to get to a number - and yes to also feel less cravings..... I also get a bit cynical about my self - as I have yo-yo-ed and been on and off for so long.... that the thought of actually being on any kind of "diet" or foodplan or lifestyle eating plan - for the rest of my life - is something that I've just "self sniggered about", thinking - yeah right.... I can say it and think it now - but really!!!! - I can't and won't do it!

Okay - so it actually can be done, and yes - it actually is happening everyday for lots of people. I really liked hearing about someone else being in a room of people all eating birthday cake but choosing not to! Very motivational.

I've been getting used to going out for the day and to events with my own food.... say a few different salads etc and low carb alternatives - in a chilli bin/ bag, depending on how long I'll be away.

Sometimes I feel like food is just fuel, but other times I'm really desperately eating chicken/ eggs and salad/ veges to try to stop the food cravings. Yes, have been finding it very expensive to change over my cooking cupboards.... and haven't actually thrown out my 2 bags of white and wholemeal flour - but have "done over" the rest of my ingredients, recipe books and pantry, fridge, freezer....

Found my family have been pretty supportive, so far. Have enjoyed doing different and interesting vegetable recipes lately - and been pleased that the family have enjoyed the food..... bit different - am used to the family pretty much not enjoying "diet alternatives"- but have felt blown away by the high praise and appreciation.... so I actually am considering throwing out that flour as well.

I think with so many low carb/ wheat belly/ Paleo recipes available - I actually can get rid of the flour, but have held onto in case I have to provide something for a cake stall, at school...... and I don't want to "waste" my time and money - using quality (often organic) low carb ingredients....

This really doesn't sound like a good reason to hold onto flour!! considering all the wheat belly reading I've done!

I think sometimes I allow fear and self blame to interfere in enjoying the "good times" and positivity. No wonder I find it challenging to imagine "lasting" 10 months or more!!!! Am feeling grateful today, which I think helps me NOT to be resentful about what I am so called "missing out on" - it's actually pretty horrifying seeing what's in the supermarket. It's there, that it's really "in my face" - all the foods that it would be really stupid to put in my trolley!

I've noticed that I'm spending a lot more time in fruit and vege shops, organic health shop and bin inn - for cheaper organic/ alternative ingredient foods... there's still junk available in all of those stores - but a lot less than the supermarket.

I've also noticed that when I go to fill up my car with gas, I kind of miss picking up a snack or meal or diet coke...... bad bad habits to have gotten into in the first place!!! but anyway I am hopeful that it's going to get easier and habitual in the long term.