#11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 11:33
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
From YogaMom: MY DH has his randy little lovebug back.
Oh yeah, baby!

Symphonyod: The link in my first post tells almost everything you would ever want to know about the truth behind fat and cholesterol. Maybe your DH would gain a lot by reading it.

Something just occurred to me. What is bread without the butter, the meat, the cheese, the mayo? What is pasta without the meatballs, the parmesan, the cream, the lc marinara sauce? What is a baked potato without the sour cream, the butter, the cheese? There is a reason why fat and protein taste so gd good! It's because it is SO GOOD for us! My 4 yoa granddaughter sits down to a meal and all she wants is the meat or the cheese. Her mother tries to push the peas or potatoes on her, to make her eat in a more "rounded" way, and she refuses.

On the other hand, lowfat stuff, at least to me, tastes like empty, cardboard-like crap. Skim milk? Mmmm! Plain broccoli? Yummy! Dry toast? Oh boy, can't wait!

Now carbs are a different thing. They are addictive. They have opioids in them. Once they're present in our diet in a big way, we get hooked. We end up craving them and for those of us with an addictive biochemistry, we gorge on them and they rule us. When they are removed from the diet, we quickly lose our cravings for them.

Not so with meat and fat. When's the last time you remember ODing on a big, juicy steak? Or on a nice bowl of melted garlic butter? No. We don't overeat or lose control on these things. They're concentrated and they're satisfying. They're real food. They hit the spot. A little goes a long way. And we never lose our taste for them.

Damn, I'm getting hungry. I'm gonna fry some Omega 3 eggs and leftover, well-marbled steak in ghee and enjoy!