Thread: "Fear of Fat"
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/124/100 Female 4 feet 11 inches
BF:38%/25%/20%
Progress: 52%

I too am thankful for this thread. When I look at my adult life, I have been heavy 2 times. Both have been when I was "Watching" my weight (rise steadily) on Dr. Ornish's plan. This last time was triggered by my inlaws who have been very successfully reversing their heart disease. My MIL is upset about my new WOL. She is convinced that I'm hurting myself. Meanwhile, her weight is creeping up on her. I so want to direct her towards SB at least! I think that women (at least the ones I know) are more inclined to carbo load w/ bread on a lf diet. They are in maintenance, and eat meat a few times a week, and I see dad reach for another slice of pork, and mom grab another roll. Boy do I remember those days of denial. We have been lied to, and continue to be lied to. Everything about the added fat in my diet is a plus for me! I use less conditioner, less lotion, have fewer breakouts...not to mention that EVERY SINGLE SYMPTOM OF HYPERINSULINISM that I exhibited (which is most of them) Vanished. Gone. Almost immediately. My kids have their mom back! MY DH has his randy little lovebug back. I have me back! Burger anyone? Extra cheese and bacon???