View Single Post
  #248   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 09:06

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/220/210 Male 6' 3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Bawdy,

Have you looked at diet composition from the "grams" perspective? I don't find % that useful for my purposes. Hopefully this link will work for you.

OKL Chart

https://www.google.com/search?q=okl...P8lTo5Y5jG9M :

By holding the Ctrl key down and moving your mouse wheel you can make the page bigger or smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
THIS is where I get confused. Some people say you need to be up around 70 - 80% fat for it to work, and others say if the fat is too high your body will burn the fat you eat rather than the fat stored on your body.

I've tried this every which way, and there don't seem to be any patterns. I know from the Dr-ordered elimination diet (based on IgG testing) that I'm sensitive to dairy, eggs, lettuce, tomato, and few other odd things. I'm only moderately sensitive; no foods registered highly inflammatory for me. When I did the elimination diet, I ate roasted white or sweet potatoes usually twice a day, and had 1 or 2 bananas twice a day. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months without really trying.

I think I'll take my experiments back to my journal so as not to interrupt the discussion here.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and support!