View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 01:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/215/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Yes I lost 100 pounds on the atkins when I was 22. I was over weight for most of my life. It took around 7-8 months. I still have the piece of paper with my weight loss goals on them and the dates that they were achieved. I also wrote down other personal goals on this piece of paper and achieved every one of them. my life was changed in the following ways from my peak weight to my low weight.

1. Got a girl friend
2. Felt more respect from people
3. Legs stopped hurting, knees back, no more chaffing
4. Was able to buy designer clothes
5. Fit into a suit for a job interview and felt confident
6. Able to wear a bathing suit, bought a jet ski
7. Increased energy and mobility.

One of which was to get a girl friend, I can still remember walking into the movie theater with this girl I started dating when I was reaching my goal weight. I was wearing nice clothes, almost to my goal weight, and said to myself you did it, the seratonin rush was amazing. I did put back on 70 pounds of the weight I loss, but I started the atkins again in July and am down to my low again. I think that being young has an advantage because your body responds very quickly to the low carb, both times on the atkins my weight loss has been very fast. I also think the toning of the body from atkins is great as well. Atkins plus exercise equals the fastest weightloss in the history of the world.

It sounds like you are well on your way to being "normal" as you are defining yourself by your weight. All my close friends treat me just the same, 300 pounds or 200 pounds. I thought people that were closest to me in my life would compliment me the most for my weight loss, but why should they?