View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 12:28

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

The study does give some numbers--how many meals per week have fish, foraged, hunted, or shopped (some carby foods from town) items in them. Garden crops are given as the most common food item. I think a rough idea of calories is had from labeled water studies mentioned. These are growing children, so hopefully they're not in some sort of calorie surplus, but growth is slow enough that in non-obese children calories burned should at least give a rough sort of idea of what's eaten over time--the two should very roughly match.

For time spent hunting fishing etc. that's given as number of days per week where the activity occurs, but I don't see it broken into hours.

The author says he's spent 25 months with these people since 2011. There I ask, which months? Earlier Inuit studies tended to be in the summer, for obvious reasons. The most convenient times of the year might not give the full story. Some peoples are seasonally fatter and leaner over the course of the year, this would have some effect on both bmr and energy burned during exercise, if you look at some of Rudy Leibel's leptin studies. For that matter I imagine North American children might measure a bit different during and after plum pudding season.